Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My first experience

My first real experience with modeling came a few weeks back. I was listening to the radio when I heard about a model search hosted by a local agency happening at a mall in CT. I wrote down the info and went home and looked it up. I decided, if nothing else, it would expose me to the modeling world a bit. So I was going.

I showed up there early, as I do for most things. There was already a bunch of people; men women, teens, kids, all lined up and crowded around waiting for the search to start. I was definitely nervous as I filled out my application and looked around an noticed  that this search was taking place right in the middle of the mall.

I surveyed the area and saw a photo shoot-like set up and though -okay we're taking pictures. I looked in the center to see a large runway set up and though - oh no are we walking- in front of everyone? I decided to suck it up and just have fun with it. There were several representatives from NY agencies so it would be fun to walk for them. It felt almost professional.

I got to talking with the people in line around me which helped. It came time for me to walk. We had to go up on the runway where we said our name, height, and why we wanted to be a model. Then we had to pose, walk to the end of the runway, pose, and walk back. I got off and breathed a sigh of relief.

But something inside me really clicked when I realized that I loved it and definitely wanted more. So I left not expecting a callback and was just glad I finally made the jump. But about a week ago I got the call from the agency that had hosted the search and they had picked me as one of 24 from the search and wanted me to go to their office for an interview.

I went to their office the next day and by the end of the interview, the woman said she really liked me and wanted me to be a part of their agency! So now I go for some training classes and when I am done they will start booking me. Usually I would say don't buy into people that make you take classes or anything but after looking into their business, they are legit. So I am really excited and ready to start. I'll write some articles about the stuff they teach. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment